Saturday, March 20, 2010

We Have a New Baby!

Today is my birthday. Todd and I decided a few weeks ago that we need a feathery baby and the acquisition just happened to be today. It makes up for a very frustrating trip to the Las Vegas DMV yesterday.

Meet our new Sun Conure. Conures are small to mid-size parrots. They are a very lovable, clowny, playful species that love (demand) interaction. They treat just about everything as a toy. We named him Kraken - as in "Release - the KRAKEN!", my favorite line in the 80's version of Clash of the Titans.

We took to each other quickly and played all afternoon. Every once in a while he would stop playing with his toys, run over to me, scamper up my arm, and then perch on my shoulder. After a few minutes I would remove him to avoid getting pooped on (he pooped on Todd's iPhone earlier).

This went on for quite a while with the occasional nap. He would stop what he was doing and power nap for 5 or 10 minutes. It was cute.


About an hour ago I introduced him to his new bed. Conures love to swaddle themselves. I helped him get in and now I can't get him out. He is so supremely comfy he refuses to leave. The joke's on me.......lol.

If you are thinking about getting an exotic bird who you can actually play with like a lap dog, I highly recommend researching Conures.

Kraken is an absolute delight!


No comments:

Post a Comment